Saturday, January 6, 2007

It's underway

The trilogy I was asked to write for Mongoose Publishing in England has officially begin. I just completed a ten page chapter-by-chapter synopsis and character precis. It was a lot of work but I honestly think it'll be good for me in the long run.

Having the chapters laid out forced me to think about the book as something other than a nebulous plot and 320 empty pages. It's an effective way to flesh out the story and while I like tools like Dramatica Pro, I think the longhand method of a chapter-by-chapter just works better for me. I am not disparaging tools like DP; it's just not for me.

In any case, here's to the first book - Shadows of the Agarashi: Glory and Greed! *raises his glass*

Take care, all!

-A

1 comment:

Zay B. Eve said...

..and it looks to be a glorious endevour indeed! *hugs*