Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So here I am...

I'm in Kitimat, having escaped the hell of Canadian Customs and given leave to enter the country. It's been a lovely first week and I have enjoyed every minute. Even when I've been drenched, head to toe, shoveling snow and slush in the freezing rain I've had fun. Honestly, this place just feels good.

Doesn't hurt that a coyote came to visit me on my first day here and ravens have been watching over the house since I arrived. The Stormcrow is definitely aware of my presence in the North; he's not stopped showering me with affection (read: rain, and lots of it).

In truth, I am flattered. Since my acceptance by him during my vision quest, I've felt him in my life each and every day. There are downsides, of course. There's no such thing as a plane ride for me without turbulence and a leaky roof isn't a good thing for me to be under. The rain ~will~ get through.

Still, I am thrilled. Not only is it an honor to be a Child of the Storm, it's a duty. Doing the Crow's work can be tiring but I love it. It's given me a purpose again and a focus for my pagan work. I admit I regret leaving behind Louisville but the work of the DO there was just too forceful for me to compete with alone. Others will deal with them and free that city; Fate obviously wanted me elsewhere.

The question now? Where am I meant to be?

I suppose only time will tell. I just have to stay sharp and not let myself fall back into the dolor of the past two years. Burnout in my work and in my emotional life took its toll.

It's time for me to take it back.

1 comment:

Zay B. Eve said...

You have my support in whatever you choose to do, you know that.

*snuggle*